17 Mar Before you paint your Hobart home
Painting a home usually involves a bewildering series of decisions regarding choice of paint and application methods. If you are worried about how to go about the job properly, this guide will help you along every step of the way.
Getting a quote
One of the first things you need to do, before painting your house, is find out how much the job will cost.
A quality Hobart painter, will inspect the house for any damage to surfaces, such as paint chipping, peeling or cracking. They will also be able to explain the different paints needed for the job, as well as advise on any repair work to underlying surfaces.
As preparation is an essential part of the painting process, sanding, repainting, sealing and removal of mould or other damage will entail costs too, so make sure that the painter includes these into the final quote.
Your final quote should also include the cost of quality paint/materials and all labour costs.
Scaffolding is also another hidden cost so make sure ask about this during the quoting process.
Choosing a paint colour
Whilst your favourite colour may look great on a t-shirt or cushion, it may look a lot less homely on your house! Make sure that the colour you choose for your home is classy and stylish.
Choose accent colours to really bring out the character of your home, as well as different shades of the same colour. A good starting point is to drive around your local area and look for houses that have appealing colour schemes. Take note of how they have used accent or different shades in their overall finishes.
Only use high quality paint and accessories
Discussing your paint options with someone from Pelham Painters will be your best bet when it comes to sourcing authentic, high quality paint and accessories. Many people make the mistake of using low-end paint and painting accessories. Whilst the negative effects might not be immediately apparent, you will see a shorter lifespan, as well as a poorer quality finish.
If you have any questions that need to be answered, then getting them answered by a professional painter is a great idea. Sometimes, information about how to best paint a house or how to calculate the amount of paint needed isn’t that easy to come by. Someone from Pelham Painters will be able to let you know the answers to your questions in an instant, and eventually give your home a stunning finish.
Which contractor to choose
Painting contractors have their own styles and techniques. When you hire a Hobart painter, make it your top priority to ask questions. You can also try asking for client testimonials, to make your search easier.
Here are some points to consider when searching for a painting contractor in Hobart:
- Choose the type of Hobart painting contractor you need for the job at hand. Should they be an expert in roof or interior painting, for example?
- Check closely on the charges you would have to pay. Compare your quotes carefully. These should include a breakdown of the parts of the house to be painted, the steps that will be taken in the preparation and finishing, along with the products used;
- Search the right places for the best Hobart painter. Nowadays, most can be found online, but you can also consult the local directories or simply ask around your neighbourhood to find out whom they have used in the past;
- There are credible painting contractors who also offer a warranty on their services. When the job is done, you will have the chance to give your feedback to the owner of the company;
Remember to weigh your choices carefully. It is important that you select the best painting contractor to do the right job for you.
Final word – what makes us the painter you should choose?
- Pelham Painters are accredited painters with full public liability insurance of $20 million
- Pelham Painters follow Australian Standards 2311:2008 in all preparation and painting
- Pelham Painters only use premium paints – Haymes, Dulux or Wattyl
- Pelham Painters communicate regularly with you before, during and after the project
- Pelham Painters are an award-winning business (Dulux Accredited State and National Painter of the Year)
- Pelham Painters are a member of the Master Painters Association Vic/Tas
- Pelham Painters are a family-owned business that started in 1953
- Pelham Painters will provide you with a written quotation within 48 hours of assessing your painting project